Specialty Crops Economics
Washington state farmers produce a diverse set of crops in a region equally diverse in climate, soil, transportation, and other resources. WSU economists have consistently met the challenge to provide the necessary expertise to support the agricultural community.
- Estimated Costs and Returns for Establishing and Producing Asparagus in Washington in 2009 (pdf) by Neibergs, Waters.
- Asparagus Production Budget Workbook (Excel Doc) by Neibergs, Waters.
- Mechanical Asparagus Harvesting Economic Analysis by Neibergs, Clary, Read.
- EB1958: Alternatives to Manual Sorting (pdf) by Ball, Folwell.
- Establishment and Annual Production Costs for Washington Asparagus in 2001 (pdf) by Ball, Folwell, Holmes.
- Asparagus Research by Ball
- Field Research Projects by Ball .
- Web Album
- Asparagus Research, Selective Machine Harvester by Ball.
- Selective Harvester June 2003 by Ball.
- Options in Financing Agribusiness Cooperatives:: AE 02-4: Research Findings and Conclusions by Duft.
- The Changing Dynamics of Grain Cooperatives in Eastern Washington: EB 1985E by Monson, Duft, Casavant, and Jessup.
- 2008 Pacific Northwest Hay Market and Export Review and Outlook Report .
- Alfalfa reports, management guides, and budgets by Neibergs.
- 2010 Estimated Cost of Producing Hops in the Yakima Valley, Washington State by Galinato, George, Hinman.
- Potatoes for the Fresh Market: The Costs of Growing and Packing: AE 02-8
- EB1906 (pdf)
- EB2015E: 2001 Cost of Producing Processing & Fresh Potatoes Under Center Pivot. Updated 2006,Columbia Basin, WA (pdf)
- The Economic Impact of Potatoes in Washington State: EB1925 (pdf)
- The Economic Impact of a Possible Irrigation-Water Shortage in Odessa Sub-basin Potato Production and Processing: (June 2005) (pdf)
- The Minimum Wage and Washington Competitiveness in the Potato Industry: ,1999E, (Sept. 2005) (pdf)
- The Economic Impact of Potatoes in Washington State: EB1953E (July 2006); replaces EB1925 and XB1039.
- An Economic Analysis of Three Soil Improvement Practices in the Columbia Basin, Washington State (Excel Doc) by Tozer, Galinato, McGuire, Granatstein.
- Contribution of the Grape and Wine Industry to Idaho’s Economy: Foltz, J., S. Woodall, P. Wandschneider, R. Taylor. 2007. The : Agribusiness and Tourism Impacts. J. of Agribusiness, 25(Spring):77-91 by Foltz.
- Small Winery Investment and Operating Costs by Fickle, Folwell, Ball, Clary.
- Small Winery Investment and Operating Costs, August 2005 (pdf) by Fickle, Folwell, Ball, Clary.
- Establishment and Production Costs for Washington Concord Grapes by Ball, Folwell, Watson, Keller.
- EB1965: Establishment and Production Costs for Washington Concord Grapes (pdf) by Ball, Folwell, Watson, Keller.
- XB0997E: Bulk Winery Investment and Operating Costs, reviewed 2004 (pdf) by Folwell, Castaldi.
- XB1015E: Marketing Washington Wines at the Wholesale Level, reviewed 2004 (pdf) by Grassel, Folwell.
- XB1035E: Production and Marketing Risks Associated with Wine Grapes in Washington (pdf) by Folwell, Gebers, Wample, Aegerter, Bales.
- Wine Grape Establishment and Production Costs in Washington, 2003 (pdf) by Ball, Folwell.
- Production and Marketing Risks Associated with Wine Grapes in Washington by Folwell, Gebers, Wample, Aegerter, Bales.
If you require an alternative format for any of the content provided on this website, please contact:
Email: Karina Gallardo
Office: Puyallup Research and Extension Center, Kalkus Hall 317B