The Master of Science in Economics degree at Washington State University enhances graduates’ employment prospects and their chances to obtain significantly higher salaries than bachelor degree holders. Public and private organizations are increasingly seeking to hire professionals who can understand and apply economic research. Job opportunities include positions in banking, communication, government, insurance, investment, research, and trade, among others.
In addition, the Master of Science in Economics at Washington State University serves as a preparation for pursuing a PhD degree in Economics. The program includes courses in economic theory and quantitative methods and a series of elective courses in specialized fields of study offered by the program.
The Master of Science in Economics provides appropriate training for positions in private corporations, non-profit research organizations, and government service agencies, among others. The Master of Science in Economics graduates become management specialists, policy analysts, forecasters, and economic consultants. Recent placements include:
- Analyst, American Express
- Economist, USDA
- Economic analyst, State of Washington
- Consultant, Bunge North America
- Marketing manager, Pace International
- Procurement manager, Cargill
- Agricultural analyst, Foreign Agricultural Service, USDA
- Instructor, Lewis Clark State College
- Market Analyst, Safeway Corporation
- Manager, Farm Credit
- Economist, HUD