This is a university-wide lecture made possible by a generous gift from the family of Duane Leigh, Professor Emeritus and former Chair of the Economics Department at Washington State University. The Bertha C. and Roy E. Leigh Distinguished Lecture Endowment was established in 2001 by Duane’s father, the late Roy E. Leigh to honor his wife.
2018 Leigh Lecture Speaker
This years guest speaker will be This years guest speaker will be Dr.Bajari Vice President and Chief Economist at Amazon. Dr. Bajari is an experienced applied econometrician specializing in empirical industrial organization.
Previous Leigh Lecture Speakers
- Dr. Eric Maskin is the Adams University Professor at Harvard. He has made contributions to game theory, contract theory, social choice theory, political economy, and other areas of economics.
- Dr. Edward C. Prescott, 2017, W. P. Carey Chair in Economics in the W. P. Carey School of Business at the University of Arizona.
- Joseph Harrington, 2016, Dr. Harrington is a Patrick T. Harker Professor for the Dept. of Business Economics & Public Policy in The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Michael Grossman, 2015, Director of the NBER’s Health Economics Program. for the National Bureau of Economic Research.
- Susan Athey, 2014, Economics of Technology Professor at Stanford University Graduate School of Business.
- William Greene, 2013, Robert Stansky Professor of Stern School of Business,New York University.
- Dr. Matthew Rabin, 2012, Edward G. and Nancy S. Jordan Professor of Economics, University of California – Berkeley
- Orley Ashenfelter, 2011, Joseph Douglas Green 1895 Professor of Economics at Princeton University
- Robert E. Lucas, Jr, 2010, John Dewey Distinguished Service Professor of Economics at the University of Chicago and a 1995 Nobel Laureate.
- J. Hausman, 2009, John and Jennie S. MacDonald Professor of Economics at MIT in Cambridge.
- Tim Kehoe, 2008, Distinguished McKnight Professor of Economics, University of Minnesota.
- James J. Heckman, 2007, Nobel Laureate 2000, Henry Schultz Distinguished Service Professor of Economics, University of Chicago.
- Daniel J. McFadden, 2006, Nobel Laureate 2000, E. Morris Cox Professor of Economics, Director of the Econometrics Laboratory, and Professor of the Graduate School at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Kathryn Shaw, 2005, Ernest C. Arbuckle Professor of Economics in the Graduate School of Business at Stanford University
- Alan Auerbach, 2004, Robert D. Burch Professor of Economics and Law Director, University of California, Berkeley
- Kerry Smith, 2003, University Distinguished Professor of Agricultural and Resource Economics at North Carolina State University.
- Ed Lazear, 2002, Jack Steel Parker Professor of Human Resources Management and Economics, Stanford University.
- Hal Varian, 2001, Class of 1944 Professor of Economics and Professor of Business Administration and Information Management and Systems, University of California, Berkeley.