Tree Fruit Economics
Washington State is blessed by climate as one of the top tree fruit producing regions in the world. Washington growers feed consumer demand in not only the United States, but also in export markets throughout the World. However, the world market for tree fruits is highly competitive. Effective economic knowledge is integral to both the Washington growers’ profitability and consumers’ satisfaction.
COVID-19 Factsheet Series
COVID-19 and the Washington Apple Industry | April 20, 2020
COVID-19 Supply and Demand Indices Washington Apples | May 12, 2020
COVID-19 Apple Inventories and Prices | June 16, 2020
COVID-19 Impact on the Washington Apple Industry | December, 2020
Puyallup Research and Extension Center
2606 West Pioneer, Kalkus 317B
Puyallup, WA 98371
Tree Fruit Enterprise Budgets
Tree Fruit Seminars
- Economic Issues Related to Long-Term Investment in Tree Fruits. 2021. R. Basu, R.K. Gallardo
- What is the most optimal licensing-royalty fee scheme for a new plant variety developed by a University breeding program? 2020. S. Akhundjanov, R.K. Gallardo, J. McCluskey, B. Rickard.
- Precision Ag Technologies and the U.S. Apple Industry. 2019. R.K. Gallardo, K. Grant, D. Brown, J. McFerson, K. Lewis, T. Einhorn, M. Sazo.
- The Costs of Ignoring Little Cherry Disease. 2019. S. Galinato, R.K. Gallardo, E. Beers, A. Bixby-Brosi.
- India Tariff Retaliation Impacts on the Indian Apple Market. 2019. K. Lee, R.K. Gallardo, M. Giacinti.
- Do the improvements from using marker assisted selection by plant breeding programs surpass its additional costs? 2019. S. Wannemuehler, J. Luby, C. Yue, D. Bedford, R.K. Gallardo, V. McCracken.
- Growing Apples in an Apple Maggot Quarantine Area and Exporting to British Columbia and China. 2019. Y. Hong, R.K. Gallardo, X. Fan, S. Atallah, M. Gomez.