H. Alan Love, Director, invites you to visit the School of Economic Sciences.
The School of Economic Sciences offers a highly rated Ph.D. program in Economics and Agricultural Economics, an M.S. degree in Applied Economics, and an undergraduate program leading to a B.S. degree that open doors to a wide variety of career paths. The School has over 85 graduate students and over 240 undergraduates.
The School is dedicated to high-quality teaching, research, outreach and engagement. Students are taught by 30 full-time faculty members from many economic disciplines. The faculty and students are actively engaged in cutting-edge research. There is a strong tradition of excellence in applied econometric modeling.
Recent publications include journal articles in American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Econometrica, International Economic Review, Journal of Econometrics, Journal of Economic Theory, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Journal of Environmental Economics & Management, Journal of Law & Economics, Journal of Urban Economics, Review of Economic Studies, and Quantitative Economics.
WA Agribusiness Status and Outlook
Alumni & Friends Colloquium Banquet
Homecoming Weekend, Friday, October 14, 2016
Activities will kick off with Career Opportunities at 12:00 p.m. and then the Colloquium at 1:00 p.m. with outstanding speakers throughout the afternoon in the BLS (Bio Life Sciences) Building room 402.
- 12:00 p.m. Career opportunities discussion with Alum/Faculty (Johnson Hall 204)
- 1:00-1:30 p.m. Meet and Greet with Coffee
- 1:30-4:30 p.m. Colloquium – “Economic Outlook in a time of Uncertainty”.
- Nathan Kauffman, Assistant Vice President and Omaha Branch Executive, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
- Michael Stolp, NW Farm Credit Services Vice President of Consumer Insights
- Tim Graciano, Amazon, HR Analytics and Economics
- Randy Fortenbery, Professor, Endowed Chair of Tom Mick in Small Grains, Washington State University
- 5:30 p.m. Alumni/Friends Social and Banquet (Palouse Ridge Pavilion)
- 6:30 p.m. Alumni/Friends Dinner (Palouse Ridge Pavilion)
The Alumni/Friends Banquet and Auction will be held at Palouse Ridge Pavilion (next to Banyans) and will be catered by Banyans located at 1260 NE Palouse Ridge Drive, Pullman, WA.
Social is at 5:30 p.m./Dinner is at 6:30 p.m.
The cost of the event is:
Kids five and under are free!
Payment must be received by September 30, 2016.
Please make all checks payable to WSU-SES. And send to
PO Box 646210, Pullman, WA 99164-6210.
Please RSVP to Jaimie Dahl at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-335-5555
by September 30, if you plan to attend.
We hope to see you there!
Alumni & Friends Links
T. Randall Fortenbery named 2016-17 WAEA President Elect
Jill McCluskey named 2014-15 AAEA President Elect
SES PhD Student Darlington Sabasiand co-authors won the WAEA Outstanding Published Research Award 2014