Washington State is blessed by climate as one of the top tree fruit producing regions in the world. Washington growers feed consumer demand in not only the United States, but also in export markets throughout the World. However, the world market for tree fruits is highly competitive. Effective economic knowledge is integral to both the Washington growers’ profitability and consumers’ satisfaction.
Tree Fruit Enterprise Budgets
Tree Fruit Seminars
- What is the most optimal licensing-royalty fee scheme for a new plant variety developed by a University breeding program? 2020. S. Akhundjanov, R. Gallardo, J. McCluskey, B. Rickard.
- Precision Ag Technologies and the U.S. Apple Industry. 2019. R. Gallardo, K. Grant, D. Brown, J. McFerson, K. Lewis, T. Einhorn, M. Sazo.
- The Costs of Ignoring Little Cherry Disease. 2019. S. Galinato, R. Gallardo, E. Beers, A. Bixby-Brosi.
- India Tariff Retaliation Impacts on the Indian Apple Market. 2019. K. Lee, R. Gallardo, M. Giacinti.
- Do the improvements from using marker assisted selection by plant breeding programs surpass its additional costs? 2019. S. Wannemuehler, J. Luby, C. Yue, D. Bedford, R. Gallardo, V. McCracken.
- Growing Apples in an Apple Maggot Quarantine Area and Exporting to British Columbia and China. 2019. Y. Hong, R. Gallardo, X. Fan, S. Atallah, M. Gomez.