Advising at Washington State University is a valued partnership with students, faculty, and administrators that builds educational relationships integral to academic success.
Before Meeting with your Advisor
Please check each of the following sections below before contacting your advisor:
- your academic requirements document
- course descriptions and program requirements
- schedule of classes
- writing portfolio
- registration holds
Academic Requirements Document
Read your academic requirements document in myWSU. In order to accomplish this:
- Sign into myWSU with your WSU Network ID and password.
- Select the ‘Academic Advising’ tile.
- Select the ‘Academic Progress’ tab on the left-hand menu.
- Select the ‘My Academics’ tab from the selection of tabs at the top of the page.
- Your academic requirements document will appear.
Courses and Requirements
UCORE-specific requirements apply to every student regardless of major. Read the UCORE categories and course list.
Major-specific Courses and Requirements
Schedule of Classes
Review in myWSU any registration hold that may exist in your records. These can be found in the Tasks tile. Note that the myWSU term ‘Service Indicator’ can be used to refer to a registration hold.